A healthy person is not just free from any disease, but a healthy person can be said to be mentally and physically strong. Constipation makes a person feel uncomfortable and keeps in painful stages, and severe constipation leads the person to frustration.
Constipation can make a person both mentally and physically unwell. Constipation happens when the bowel movement becomes complicated, and there comes difficulty in passing the stool. People may suffer from stomach aches. It occurs primarily because of the diet. Constipation is a condition in which an individual gives less than three bowel movements in a week. Constipation can also happen because of dehydration and medicinal effect, and it can also happen because of the lack of dietary fiber in the diet. Constipation also occurs because of the regular changes in diet or not doing workouts regularly. Regardless of age, people can suffer from constipation. But a particular stage of people face constipation:
- People of old age might suffer from constipation as they can’t do physical activities much, and their metabolism decreases, thus leading to constipation.
- Pregnant women face constipation because of hormonal changes.
- People on particular medicine might face constipation.
Constipation can be treated with the help of medication, or some other methods can be tried. Changes in diet can also help to cure constipation.
Doctors give various tests to find the cause. Also, you can look for different treatments at home on your own. Today, in this post I will try to give you the answer of the question on will a warm bath help with constipation.
Home remedies to get rid off constipation:
- Always stay hydrated. Dehydration is a significant problem that creates constipation. So, we should always drink enough water.
- Increase the amount of fiber in your diet. Fiber helps to loosen the stool, which will make it easy to pass the stool.
- Try to avoid dairy products: Dairy products can be intolerant for some people, which ultimately causes constipation. So it is better to avoid dairy products.
- Exercise regularly. According to some research, exercise helps in removing stool efficiently.
Does a warm bath help constipation?
Taking regular baths with normal water keeps a person fresh and healthy. Taking a warm bath will help to feel relaxed, make the person stress-free, and remove the tiredness. A warm bath will also make the muscles relax. Sitz bath i.e., a bath is taken by sitting on warm water, can help to some extent if you are suffering from constipation. Sitz bath is taken in warm water. In a bathtub, warm water is taken. The person sits on the tub so that the bottom part of the body is dipped into the water. After the baby’s birth, women face constipation, then a sitz bath is advised by the doctors. A Sitz bath helps in to get rid of hemorrhoids. Sitz bath is used as a home treatment. Soaking in warm water will help to boost the blood flow.
Apart from a sitz bath, taking a bath of 20 to 30 minutes in warm water helps to relax the anal sphincter and release the stool. Warm water may stimulate bowel movement by increasing blood flow, which will lead to an easy release of stool.
A baby suffering from constipation can be cured by giving a warm bath. A warm bath helps to relax the muscles. It can cure them from constipation to some extent.
A warm bath can help maintain good bowel movement, but if it becomes more, doctors advice should be taken.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the signs of blocked bowel?
Blocked bowel show up many symptoms, which leads to constipation. Some of the symptoms are:
- You will feel severe pain in your belly.
- Extreme cramping sensations in your gut.
- Swelling will be felt in the belly.
- The belly will feel full most of the time.
- Loud sounds will come out from the belly.
- Feeling gassy but unable to pass gas.
What are some of the home remedies to treat constipation?
Constipation can also be treated through many home remedies –
- Diet should be healthy, fiber-rich food must be taken.
- Drink enough water. Always stay hydrated.
How often one should poop to live a healthy life?
It mostly depends on your lifestyle, the way you intake food. But if at least three bowel movements are done in a week, the person can be called healthy or does not have a constipation problem.
Are all types of constipation the same?
No, there is not only one type of constipation. Some people don’t have that many problems, while others have severe constipation problems. But all kinds can be treated.
Does all types of constipation can be treated by taking fiber-rich food?
All types of constipation might not be treated by taking fiber-rich food. No doubt, fiber-rich food helps immensely with constipation, but some people might face problems taking fiber-rich food. There are fiber-rich supplements too which can be taken.
How physical therapy helps constipation?
Physical therapy helps the pelvic floor muscles if they are not working properly. Physical therapy assists in connecting the mind and body to enable the muscles to work correctly when having a bowel movement.
What causes constipation?
Constipation can be caused due to many reasons-
- Diet– As we know, diet plays a major role in our overall health. A little change in diet can have various impacts on our body.Bowel movements may be affected by it. Insufficient fiber in the diet is another major cause of constipation. Consuming insufficient amounts of fibrous foods causes waste products to accumulate in the colon or gastrointestinal tract. Also, too many dairy products can lead to constipation for lactose-intolerant people.
- Lack of exercise – Not getting enough exercise slows down the metabolism, causes sluggishness, and interferes with the release of digestive juices, making it difficult to pass stool.
- Stress – Stress also causes constipation. When a person is unhappy and takes stressed, his stomach also becomes unhappy, which leads to constipation.
- Age– Most the aged people suffer from constipation. There are many reasons behind it. Aged people can’t do physical exercises, which decreases their metabolic rate.
What precautions can be taken to avoid constipation?
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle can keep your body healthy. Some preventive measures to avoid constipation are –
- Avoid over-consumption of dairy products.
- Quit smoking completely.
- Dehydration causes constipation, so avoid alcohol and caffeine as it dehydrates the body.
- Do exercises regularly. It will increase metabolism, which will accelerate the speed of digestion.
Here, we conclude will a warm bath help with constipation.